Brad Jersak is an author and teacher based in Abbotsford, BC. He serves as a reader and monastery preacher at All Saints of North America Orthodox Monastery. He also occasionally teaches at The Bridge in Abbotsford. Through his books and seminars, Brad shares the good news that God is Love, perfectly revealed in Jesus Christ. He teaches others how to encounter God through the practice of ”listening prayer,” through which God’s love heals wounded hearts and empowers us to heal this broken world.
Brad Jersak’s foundational book, Can You Hear Me? Tuning in to the God who speaks trains readers in the ways of “Listening Prayer.” This book provides biblical teaching and 33 practical exercises for discerning God’s voice.
Eden Jersak was on the leadership team that planted Fresh Wind in 1998 and served as team leader from 2008-2013. Her book, Rivers from Eden, leads readers into 40 days of intimate conversation with God. After stepping down at Fresh Wind, Eden re-entered the financial world for several years. She now runs Fresh Wind Press and continues, as invited, as a gifted teacher and retreat facilitator.
Brad self-identifies as a follower of Christ. His spiritual journey includes his confession of faith and trinitarian baptism in the Baptist General Conference; followed by membership and ordination in the Conference of Mennonites in BC. Then after planting and serving in a “small-c” charismatic church plant, he was chrismated and tonsured as a Reader in the Orthodox Church (OCA). He is comfortable ministering in any Christian tradition across the spectrum.
- Faculty Dean of Theology & Culture – St. Stephen’s University (New Brunswick)
- Core Faculty – Institute for Religion Peace & Justice
- Author / Publisher – Fresh Wind / St. Macrina Press
- Editor – CWR Magazine
- 1988-97 – Associate Pastor of youth, young adults, outreach – Bethel Mennonite Church Aldergrove
- 1998-2008 – Church-planter / pastor – Fresh Wind Christian Fellowship Abbotsford
- 2012 – 2016 – Core Faculty (New Testament / Patristics) – Westminster Theology Centre
- 2012 – present – Editor / Design – CWR Magazine
- 2018 – present – Faculty / Dean of Theology & Culture – St. Stephen’s University
- 2018 – present – Core Faculty – Institute for Religion, Peace and Justice
OTHER MINISTRY INVOLVEMENT:
- Licensed minister – Christian Ministers Association
- Partner – Soul Stream
- Board member – Key of David Ministries
- Board member – Faithbuilders
- Board member – Word of Life Church
- Board member – All Saints of North America Monastery
CHURCH SEMINARS / COLLEGE SESSIONALS:
- Gospel in Chairs (based on A More Christlike God)
- Cruciform Theology (based on A More Christlike God)
- Listening Prayer (based in Can You Hear Me?)
- Theology of Hope (based on Her Gates Will Never Be Shut)
- Spirituality and Justice (based on Kissing the Leper)