Brad Jersak is an author and teacher based in Abbotsford, BC. He currently serves as the Dean of Theology & Culture at St. Stephen’s University (SSU.ca/graduate) in New Brunswick and teaches peace studies courses with IRPJ.org and is a regular speaker with the Open Table Conference crew.
Through his books and seminars, Brad shares the good news that God is Love, perfectly revealed in Jesus Christ, and that God’s love heals wounded hearts and empowers us to heal this broken world.
Eden Jersak joined the pastoral staff at the Bridge Church in Abbotsford, BC as of January 2021. Her book, Rivers from Eden, leads readers into 40 days of intimate conversation with God. She also continues to run Fresh Wind Press and is a gifted teacher and retreat facilitator.
Brad aspires to be a follower of Jesus Christ. His spiritual journey includes growing up in the Baptist General Conference, followed by membership and ordination in the Conference of Mennonites in BC. After planting and serving for ten years in a church plant devoted to marginalized people, he was chrismated and tonsured as a reader in the Orthodox Church (OCA). He is comfortable ministering in any Christian tradition across the spectrum.
- Faculty / Dean of Theology & Culture – St. Stephen’s University (New Brunswick)
- Core Faculty – Institute for Religion Peace & Justice
- Author / Publisher – Fresh Wind / St. Macrina Press
- Editor – CWR Magazine / Clarion-Journal.com
- 1988-97 – Associate Pastor of youth, young adults, outreach – Bethel Mennonite Church Aldergrove
- 1998-2008 – Church-planter / pastor – Fresh Wind Christian Fellowship Abbotsford
- 2012 – 2016 – Core Faculty (New Testament / Patristics) – Westminster Theology Centre
- 2012 – present – Editor / Design – CWR Magazine
- 2018 – present – Faculty / Dean of Theology & Culture – St. Stephen’s University
- 2018 – present – Core Faculty – Institute for Religion, Peace and Justice
OTHER MINISTRY INVOLVEMENT:
- Licensed minister – Christian Ministers Association
- Partner – Soul Stream
- Board member – Key of David Ministries
- Board member – Faithbuilders
- Board member – Word of Life Church
- Board member / Reader – All Saints of North America Monastery
CHURCH SEMINARS / COLLEGE SESSIONALS:
- Gospel in Chairs (based on A More Christlike God)
- Cruciform Theology (based on A More Christlike God)
- Listening Prayer (based in Can You Hear Me?)
- Theology of Hope (based on Her Gates Will Never Be Shut)
- Spirituality and Justice (based on Kissing the Leper)